Profiled and Gouged Reed
A lower cost reed that's worth the cost
The Sarazin's profiled reed is for:
- bassoonists wishing to customize and gain in autonomy on their material
- teachers wishing to mount reeds for their students
- students wishing to acquire reeds at lower cost.
- Gouged and profiled reed
- 3 choices of densities: Soft, Medium and Hard
- Reed Length: 120mm
- Gouge thickness: 1.3mm
- Profile thickness: 0.90mm
This is not a finished reed, there are still 2 steps to perform: the forming and the assembly. For students, ask your teacher if he has the material and the time needed to finalize the reed.
How to finish the reed from a reed
- Form (In the video: Rieger form nr.20)
- Sandpaper (fine grit, approx. 400)
- Brass wire 0.7
- Assembly mandrel (Rigotti)
How to choose the density: Soft, Medium or Hard?
- You like to blow without biting -> Soft
- You like to have a bit of lip sensation -> Medium
- You like to have a strong of lip sensation -> Hard
Our reeds are all disinfected with UV sterilization technology which eliminates 99% of bacteria.
If the product is out of stock, it will be offered to you for pre-order. You will be delivered as soon as the product is available again. You will be fully refunded if you have not received delivery within 2 months.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or by text at 07.57.83.24. 39.